NIH's new Herbal App - the reading level is fine.
The health literacy it requires - its "health literacy load" is still high.
Can you name how many domains of health literacy are required to understand the following?
My list of some of the fundamental health and science literacies*embedded in the statements:
- Medical studies yield results.
- Results can vary from study to study.
- Experts compare results from study to study to see if there is "evidence".
- Medical studies can be over a short time and over a long time. This matters.
- Scientific evidence is very different than anecdotal person results.
* Zarcadoolas, C. (2011) The simplicity complex: exploring simplified health messages in a complex world. Health Promot Int. 26(3): 338-50