Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Public health education - teach what happens when you don't "flatten the curve"

 


Yesterday Rhode Islanders received this scary alert on their phones. An old friend texted me "it buzzed my phone for 10 seconds and almost gave me a heart attack."

I was thinking back to late Spring when all the experts talking about "flattening the curve."  No one more than Governor (NY) Cuomo in his daily Press Briefings. 









I even blogged about how important it was to make sure this message was clear and compelling to the public. Especially because the concept oozed with math and graphs. "Flatten the Curve": Covid and Our Math Literacy


So yesterday I was also thinking that some creative public health communicator should use the RI text message to re-teach flatten the curve. And what happens when we don't. 













http://publiclinguist.blogspot.com/2020/03/flatten-curve-has-gone-viral.html

No comments:

Post a Comment